Cooking Time:8-10 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High
Ingredients1 lb. mild sausage
3/4 lb. ground beef
1/4 c Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1.75 oz. onion soup mix
15 oz. Tomato Sauce
14.5 oz. Tomatoes, Stewed
15oz. Tomatoes, Crushed
4 c. water or 3 c. water and 1/2 c. red wine
4 T. garlic powder
2 T. onion, minced
1.5 T. onion powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
4 oz. mushrooms, optional
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs is a fabulous Italian dinner that will please all! Serve with a salad and warm bread!
- Place the ground sausage, ground beef, bread crumbs, onion soup mix and egg in a bowl.
- Mix together and form into 2-3″ meatballs!
- Place them in a frying pan. Brown all sides. No need to cooked all the way through.
- While meatballs are cooking. Pour the tomato sauce into your crock!
- Adding garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, oregano, basil and minced onion. Stir to combine!
- When meatballs are done, place on top.
- Pour about 4 cups of water over the meatballs.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Serve over your favorite pasta or how about spaghetti squash?!?
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Will substitute with lean ground turkey and sweet turkey sausage to cut back on the sodium and fat. 🙂
I absolutely love this recipe i have made it several times. I am making it again tonight,per my 4 year olds request. I am going to be making italian sausage with it as well.
Is it ok to brown the meatballs the evening before, then refrigerate overnight and throw in the crockpot in the morning?
Yes Joan that works perfectly, I am all about prepping what I can the night before, especially when I have a busy day planned… Happy Crocking!
What size crock pot should I use for the slow cook hummus?