Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 6 hours on High
Ingredients2 T. olive oil
3 T. all-purpose flour
2 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 white onion, cut into large chunks
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. beef broth
6 oz. can tomato paste
12 oz. can or bottle of Guinness®
1 T. cold water
1 T. cornstarch
If you love comfort food you will love Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew! It is good even if you don’t serve it on St. Patrick’s Day! YUMMY!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place beef cubes with flour in a large baggie and shake to coat, then fry in the hot oil until browned.
- Place the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic in a large slow cooker.
- Transfer the meat on top of the vegetables.
- Combine the beef broth and tomato paste and pour into the slow cooker along with the beer.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 6 hours.
- During the last hour before serving, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and then stir into the broth.
- Simmer on the High for a few minutes to thicken.
Optional: I like to add 1/2 cup red wine with this recipe too!