Cooking Time:6 hours on High, 2 hours on Low
Ingredients4 lb. chuck roast, pork, chicken or veal
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper, black, ground
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, large, chopped
1 1/4 c. green chile, diced
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. pepper, cayenne, ground
5 oz. sauce, hot pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
This recipe is great fixed with chicken, pork, beef and even venison, so when you want a recipe that can make several meals, Slow Cooker Mexican Style Meat is what you will want to make. Burrito’s, Taco’s, any Mexican meal! Freezes well too!
- If using beef, trim the roast of any excess fat, and season with salt and pepper.
- For added flavor, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, browning the beef quickly on all sides in the hot skillet.
- Place the browned roast to the slow cooker and top it with the chopped onion.
- Season with chile peppers, chili powder, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, and garlic powder. Adjust ingredients to your taste as this can be quite spicy!
- Add enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours, checking to make sure there is a small amount of liquid in the bottom of the crock.
- Reduce heat to Low, cook for 2 to 4 hours longer, or until meat is tender and falls apart.
- Transfer the meat to a bowl and shred using two forks (reserve 2 cups of cooking liquid, if desired).
Serve in burrito’s, taco’s or any Mexican style dish. Choose your favorite toppings, such as avocado’s, onion’s, cheese and etc.