Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients2 lb. potatoes (about 5 to 6 medium)
3 T. all-purpose flour
5 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. celery, chopped
1 - 2 garlic cloves
2 medium leeks, rinsed and chopped
3 T. dill, minced fresh
1 1/2 c. ham, chopped cooked
3/4 c. cream, or half & half
salt and ground black pepper to taste
So good…. Slow Cooker Potato and Leek Soup is delicious! The Leeks add so much to this soup, and will become a family favorite.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Place them to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the flour and toss to coat.
- Add the broth and mix.
- Stir in the leeks, celery, garlic and 1/2 of the fresh minced dill.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Puree 2 c. of the soup in a blender or food processor and return it to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the ham and cream plus the remaining dill.
- Cover again! Cook on High for 15-20 minutes or until all it heat through.