Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients2 lb. potatoes (about 5 to 6 medium)
3 T. all-purpose flour
5 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. celery, chopped
1 - 2 garlic cloves
2 medium leeks, rinsed and chopped
3 T. dill, minced fresh
1 1/2 c. ham, chopped cooked
3/4 c. cream, or half & half
salt and ground black pepper to taste
So good…. Slow Cooker Potato and Leek Soup is delicious! The Leeks add so much to this soup, and will become a family favorite.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Place them to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the flour and toss to coat.
- Add the broth and mix.
- Stir in the leeks, celery, garlic and 1/2 of the fresh minced dill.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Puree 2 c. of the soup in a blender or food processor and return it to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the ham and cream plus the remaining dill.
- Cover again! Cook on High for 15-20 minutes or until all it heat through.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
So tasty! And freezes well.
Very nice recipe. I added a couple small pats of butter to the crock pot before adding the potatoes. Didn’t have any ham so I topped it with a little crumbled bacon on serving. Thanks!
Hello. Thanks for sharing this. It’s exactly what I’m looking for, and it’s in my crock pot as we speak, but you didn’t say anything about whether to mince or chop the garlic and when to add it and also when the best time is to add the salt and pepper. 🙂 Thanks very much!
[…] Potato and Leek Soup […]
The ingredients call for celery and garlic, but there is no mention of when to add them, or how to prepare the garlic.
Thank you Stephanie, I have edited the recipe to correct it! Your the greatest to give me a helping hand.. Happy Crocking 🙂 !!