Cooking Time:10-12 hours on Low or 4-6 hours on High
Ingredients1/3 c. flour, all-purpose
1 tsp. paprika, Spanish smoked
1/2 tsp. salt, seasoned
1/2 tsp. pepper, ground black
2 lbs. beef, chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 T. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
3 potatoes, medium to large, diced
5 carrots, sliced
2 celery, stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. Marsala wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 - 10.5 oz. broth, beef, cans, organic if possible
14.5 oz. tomatoes, crushed, canned
1 oz. mix, onion soup, dry package
1 tsp. paprika, Spanish smoked, or to taste
salt to taste
pepper, black ground to taste
1 c. peas, frozen (optional)
2 T. cornstarch (optional)
2 T. water (optional)
There is nothing like a beef stew to end any PERFECT day. That’s why you will love Slow Cooker Make Ahead Beef Stew! So GOOD!
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, seasoned salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add the beef, sealing the bag. Shake thoroughly to coat the beef with the seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Shake the excess seasoning off the beef, then stir the beef into the hot skillet with the onion and mushrooms.
- Brown the beef evenly until no longer pink. Drain and discard the excess grease.
- Transfer the beef mixture into the slow cooker.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, Marsala wine, and Worcestershire sauce into the crock with the beef mixture.
- Pour the beef broth and tomatoes into the crock, and stir in the onion soup mix and 1 more teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 — 12 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Optional: If you want to add peas, add 1 c. one hour before stew is to be served.
NOTE: If you like a thicker stew: Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring out most lumps. Gradually add the mixture into the stew until thickened.