Cooking Time:3–6 Hours
Ingredients2 T. Butter
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes
6 oz. Tomato Paste
32 oz. Seafood Stock
1/2 c. Water
2 tsp. Tarragon
2 tsp. Thyme
1/4 c. Flat-Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. White Pepper
3/4 tsp. Paprika
Meat from 4 Lobster tails
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1/2 oz. Sherry, per serving
I love making Slow Cooker Lobster Bisque when I’m entertaining or having a special dinner at home. Sometimes my honey and I “divide and conquer” — he’ll grill steaks and I’ll make the bisque and salad. It always makes for a delicious dinner.
- Place butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Mince shallots.
- As butter starts to melt, add shallots and sautee. Next, add garlic and cook for just 1–2 minutes. Make sure the heat is no higher than Medium so you do NOT burn the garlic! (If you accidentally burn the garlic, pitch it and start over!)
- Add shallots (onion) and garlic mixture to a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour seafood stock into slow cooker.
- Next add seasonings: Tarragon, Thyme, Pepper & Paprika to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to slightly puree soup to your preferred texture. Cover with lid again and turn heat to HIGH.
- Cut the lobster tails in half and remove flesh. Discard tails and cut off any veiny pieces from the flesh. Chop into bite-sized pieces. (Note: You can also freeze the lobster tails and make your own seafood stock another day!)
- Add lobster pieces to the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir heavy cream into the soup.
- Serve in individual bowls. Top with 1/2 oz. sherry in each bowl, if desired.
So So Good! Enjoy