Cooking Time:6 hours
Ingredients1 lb. grass-fed ground beef or bison
1 lb. turkey sausage (try a nitrate-free brand)
1/2 c onion, finely chopped
1/4 c almond flour
1T. Italian seasoning
1T. fresh basil, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz. can organic crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
A super easy weeknight meal or stress-free dinner party meal – Slow Cooker Paleo Mangia! Italian Meatballs! Who doesn’t love a good meatball?!
- Mix all ingredients except tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Shape into golf ball-sized meatballs, adding a bit more almond flour by the tsp if your meatballs are too “wet” and tough to handle.
- Place in olive oil-greased crock to prevent sticking.
- Pour tomatoes over meatballs.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or HIGH for 4. Best cooked low and slow!
Serve with a salad and hot bread. Mangia!