Cooking Time:6 hours on High, and 2 hours on Low
Ingredients1/2 lb. 85% Lean Ground Beef
1/2 lb. Ground Pork Sausage
1 Large Onion, diced
1 Large Green Pepper, seeded and diced
2 T. Chili Powder
1 c. Water
2 Beef Bullion Cubes
45 oz. Canned Pinto Beans, undrained
45 oz. Canned Great Northern Beans, undrained
1 T. cornstarch mixed in 1/3 cup cold water
1 tsp. salt
In the Autumn season, we make a lot of chili, and I was happy to receive this delicious recipe from my Mother-in-Law Marsha for Slow Cooker Chili with NO Tomatoes. A different twist on a great recipe.
- Combine beans, bullion cubes, water, green peppers and chili powder in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add onions, ground beef and sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is just barely no longer pink and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain grease.
- Pour beans into slow cooker and top with meat mixture.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.
- Reduce heat to Low and stir in cornstarch/ water mixture. Cook on Low another hour.
Serving Suggestion: This recipe tastes even better the next day. It’s best to make it one day ahead, then refrigerate and reheat before serving.