Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients28 oz. tomatoes, diced, with juice (do not drain!)
1 large onion, chopped*
1 green bell pepper, chopped*
1 c. celery, chopped*
1 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. parsley
2 tsp. cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
2 lb. smoked sausage, links (such as andouille), sliced
Any Jambalaya will be tasty, but I really like the Slow Cooker Sausage Jambalaya. Guess I am more of a sausage girl?
- Chop vegetables if you are using fresh.
- Place all your vegetables and seasonings in the slow cooker. Stir!
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Slice the sausage.
- One hour before your Jambalaya is done, add the sliced sausage for a crispier sausage.
- Serve over rice of your choice.
NOTE: If you have any leftovers, just put the leftover jambalaya in a freezer safe bag or container and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw leftovers overnight in the refrigerator before warming the next day.