Cooking Time:10 — 12 hours
Ingredients4 lbs. Fresh Strawberries (or your favorite seasonal berries)
3 c. Sugar, (I use 1/2 Stevia, 1/2 sugar)
2–3.5 oz. Pectin Powder (can use HTF sugar-free version)
Slow Cooker Strawberry Jam is great as a topping for banana splits or your breakfast toast! You will love it!
- Wash all of the strawberries or berries of your choice, and cut out the stems. Quarter and place in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker. (or keep other, smaller berries whole.)
- With a potato masher, mash the strawberries (berries) to create liquid.
- Add the sugar or (sugar substitute) and 1 box of pectin.
- Stir to fully dissolve then smash some more.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours.
- If your berries are still not jelling the way that you would like them to, add the other 1/2 box to a full box of pectin and cook on HIGH to thicken (about 1 hour longer.)
- Place finished product in individual jars or containers. refrigerate or freeze right away.