Cooking Time:4-8 hours
Ingredients4 bone-in chicken breasts and/or thighs
1 onion, quartered
1 c. carrots
2 celery stalks
2 cloves garlic
2-3 sprigs thyme
2-3 sprigs rosemary
3 bay leaves
15 whole peppercorns
1-2 T. kosher salt
When you have a high-quality, homemade chicken broth on hand for recipes, there is just no comparison. Do yourself a favor and assemble Slow Cooker Chicken Broth today. You won’t regret it!
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cover and crock on High 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
- Strain liquid over large pitcher or bowl. Discard vegetables, peppercorns, and herbs.
- Save cooked chicken to use for chicken salad or any other dish or slow cooker recipe!
- Store chicken broth in mason jars and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for several months.
- Fat that rises to the top of your storing jar or container is removed easily after chilling.