Ingredients4 Center-Cut Boneless Pork Chops
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 T Coconut Oil
1 c. Medium Salsa
Juice of 1 Lime
Mexican flavors give this Paleo-friendly recipe the bold flavors you crave without sweating in the kitchen. These Slow Cooker Paleo Salsalita Pork Chops can easily doubled to feed a crowd!
- Combine ground cumin, smoke paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the chops with the spice mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops and brown on both sides, cooking a few minutes per side.
- Grease sides and bottom of a 4-Quart slow cooker with coconut oil Put browned pork chops inside.
- Pour salsa over pork chops.
- Squeeze lime directly into slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2-3 hours, or until the pork chops are very tender.
- Serve with reserved sauce for topping chops.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Could this be made with pork steak?
Kelly I am sure you will enjoy with the pork steak too… Most of the time pork steak is a thinner cut of meat, so you may want to check it, as it is possible it will be done sooner than the called for crocking time. Hope this helps, and Happy Crocking!
Thanks for the tip! I just so happen to have some extra that I need to use up this week! Looks delicious!
What salsa do you use? Did you make it separately? Is it pico de gallo? is it just tomatoes with jalapenos and lime?
I would use your favorite salsa… make it your own, as you will enjoy! 😉
Can chops be layered on top of each other? My crockpot is too small to get them all in a single layer 🙁
Elvira you can… I would put them in the slow cooker overlapping each other, and not directly on top of each other, so there is a gap between them, and you should be fine. Thank you for your question! Happy Crocking!
I made these yesterday and they were very good. Thanks for an easy and yummy recipe.