Cooking Time:6 hours
Ingredients2 lb. pork loin roast, boneless
2 T. olive oil
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
salt and pepper to taste
4 lb. sauerkraut
1 lb kielbasa, cut into 3-inch piece
1 or 2 apple, medium to large, chopped
chopped carrots and potatoes (optional)
Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast with Sauerkraut and Kielbasa is a one pot meal that can be served anytime, but it is delicious in the fall. Just served with Applesauce and your meal is ready!
- Preheat the broiler in the oven. Place the roast in a roasting pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves (hubby not a fan of thyme, I used parsley), and season with salt and pepper.
- Place under the broiler for 10 – 15 minutes, until lightly browned in several places.
- Place 2 lbs of the sauerkraut and carrots in the slow cooker.
- Place the roast in the center over the sauerkraut and carrots, topped with apples.
- Optional: Add quartered red potatoes, and thin chopped carrots.
- Arrange kielbasa pieces around the edges of the crock.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.
NOTE: Kielbasa will be well done, if you like it a little more crisp add during the last 2 hours.