Cooking Time:4-5 hours total crocking time
Ingredients8 Medium Red Potatoes, baked
3 T. Warm Milk
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 c. Sour Cream
4 T. Unsalted Butter
1/4 c. Milk, warmed
Salt, to taste
White Pepper, to taste
2 c. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
8 Slices Cooked Bacon, cut in pieces
4 Green Onions, washed & sliced
Delicious Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a great recipe for home or for family gatherings and potlucks. You’ll want to hang on to this one — it’s sure to be a family favorite! Yummy! (Note: You can quickly bake red potatoes in the microwave by washing them (do NOT peel), then piercing with a fork and cooking for about 5 minutes.)
- Place baked potatoes in a 6-Quart slow cooker with 3 T. warmed milk. With firm pressure, use a potato masher until almost the potatoes are almost smooth. (I like a few chunks in my potatoes!)
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, additional milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
- Stir in 1 c. of the cheese and half the bacon.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 hours, or on High for 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes in slow cooker and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Place the potatoes in the stoneware (the inner part of the slow cooker) in a pre-heated oven for 3–5 minutes to melt cheese and brown top.
- Return the stoneware to the slow cooker and keep on the Warm setting while serving.
Note: Omitting bacon could make this a delicious vegetarian recipe!