Cooking Time:4–6 hours
Ingredients1 c. quinoa
1/2 c. coconut milk
1/2 c. almond milk
1 c. filtered water
2 bananas, mashed
2 T. almonds, sliced
3 T. coconut palm sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
This hearty super-food will sustain you all morning! Steel-Cut Oats will make a nice substitute if you don’t have Quinoa on hand.
- Mash banana in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix coconut palm sugar and almonds together; set aside.
- Pour quinoa in crock; cover with coconut milk, almond milk, water, and vanilla.
- Add mashed banana and stir lightly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and almond mixture on top of the quinoa and stir to mix.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4 – 6 hours. Quinoa will be translucent in color.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of local honey, real maple syrup, or raisins.