Cooking Time:5-7 hours
Ingredients12 oz. - 16 dry beans soup, pkg.
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
small bunch Kale, torn in small bites
8 oz. baby carrots
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. Ground Italian sausage
32 oz. chicken broth
15 oz. canned stewed tomatoes
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
There’s nothing quite like a really amazing soup on a cold winter day. Try this Slow Cooker 16 Bean and Sausage Soup, and melt those Winter Blues!
- Sort, rinse and soak beans overnight,
- Brown ground sausage and onion over medium-high heat in skillet. Drain fat and place in 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Next, pour chicken broth over sausage mixture. Stir in garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooked.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 2 hours, then crock 3-5 hours on LOW, or until beans are tender.
- As beans expand, more broth can be added, if desired.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
NOTE: For an even healthier version, try using ground turkey and vegetable broth.