Cooking Time:5-8 hours
Ingredients1-2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 T. canola oil
1 (5- to 6-pound) first-cut or flat-cut brisket
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
6 oz. any beer
1/2 cup beef broth
4 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
¼ c. tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/3 c. Dijon mustard
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/3 c. soy sauce
1 tsp. paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Change up your pot roast routine with this very moist and flavorful Slow Cooker Beer Brisket!
- Place potatoes along bottom of crock.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the brisket well on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Place the meat in crock. Next saute onions for 4 mins, then add garlic. Saute for another 2 mins. Add onions and garlic to crock.
- Next pour broth and beer in skillet and bring to a boil. Scrape up browned bits on pan. Add this sauce to crock.
- Add the celery, tomato paste, bay leaf, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, and paprika to crock. Cover and crock on LOW 8 hours or 5-6 hours on HIGH.
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and slice it thinly against the grain. Skim any fat from the cooking liquid, discard the bay leaves, taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper. Transfer the meat and potatoes to a serving platter or serve them on individual plates. Spoon the cooking liquid on top or on the side.