Cooking Time:8 1/2 - 11 hours
Ingredients4-5 lb. pork, roast, butt or shoulder
8 oz. green chiles, canned (2 - 4 oz. cans)
10 oz. enchilada sauce, red
12 oz. cola, coke
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper, black
Optional: 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. red pepper (if you like some heat)
Optional: Squeeze with fresh lime
If you are looking for a sweet yet spicy recipe for your next Mexican dinner, you will love Slow Cooker Pork Barbacoa.. YUMMY!
- Mix together is a bowl green chiles, enchilada sauce, brown sugar, Coke, garlic, salt, and (optional) red pepper until smooth.
- In a 5–6 quart slow cooker, place roast in the crock fat side down.
- Pour the sauce mixed in the bowl above over the roast.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8–10 hours.
- With two forks shred the pork, and continue to crock for 30 to 60 minutes longer.
NOTE: Great SERVED on enchiladas, burritos, nachos, tacos, or quesadillas.
OPTIONAL: Squeeze with fresh lime!