Cooking Time:8.5 hours on Low, 4.5-5.5 hours on High
Ingredients3 lb. chuck roast
3 c. water, total, divided
1.0 oz. Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix packet
.6 oz. Italian salad dressing mix packet
1.13 oz. McCormick's Grill Mates packet, Peppercorn & Garlic
Talk about melting in your mouth! Slow Cooker 3-Packet Beef Roast is so easy to prepare, and the flavor is hard to top. This is sure to be a winner in your house. Enjoy!
- Trim roast of fat and place it into a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the contents of all 3 packets. to create a dry mix
- Pour the dry mix over top of the roast. Flip the roast over a few times to get it covered with seasonings on all sides.
- Top with 1 cup of water.
- Optional: Add in chopped potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery, if desired.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8.5 hours, or on High for 4.5 — 5.5 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add an additional 2 cups of water and set slow cooker to High.
NOTE: Waiting to add the last 2 cups of water will make a juicy gravy. If you want a little thicker gravy, dissolve a tablespoon of corn starch in warm water, and add slowly to get desired consistency.