Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients4 eggplant, peeled sliced into ½” rounds
1 T. sea salt
1 c. olive oil
1/3 c. water
¼ c. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning
1/3 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
32 oz. jar Marinara Sauce
16 oz. mozzarella cheese slices
No need to dine out at a fancy Italian spot…impress your favorite vegetarian with this flavorful Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan tonight!
- Arrange slices of eggplant on paper towels, sprinkle with sea salt, and allow to drain for 30 mins.
- Rinse and pat eggplant slices dry.
- In a separate bowl, mix seasoned bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Whisk eggs, water and flour together until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge eggplant slices in egg mixture, and fry until each piece is browned. (NOTE: If your skillet is large enough do three to four slices at a time.)
- Place 1/4 of the eggplant slices into slow cooker and top with 1/4 of the bread crumbs mixture, 1/4 of the marinara sauce and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers until finished
- Cover and crock on LOW 4–5 hours.