Cooking Time:8-10 hours
Ingredients4 Bunches of Collard Greens or Kale
2 c. Cooked, Diced Ham Steak
3 c. Chicken Broth
1 Large Yellow onion, diced
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
ground black pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
A dish to quench your Southern side, these Slow Cooker Collard Greens and Ham will be a delicious addition to any main dish!
- Rinse, trim and chop the greens into medium-sized pieces.
- Fill a 6-Quart Slow Cooker with 1/2 of the prepped greens, 1/2 of the onion, and 1 c. of the diced ham.
- Repeat layer.
- Fill slow cooker with the chicken broth.
- Cover and crock on HIGH until greens begin wilting, about an hour.
- Stir in the olive oil, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.