Cooking Time:7 hours
Ingredients2 quarts chicken broth
Turkey carcass, skin and meat removed
Small handful black peppercorns
2-3 rosemary sprigs
2-3 carrots, peeled, halved or chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, quartered or chopped (your preference)
3 c. Leftover turkey meat
2 bay leaves
Salt to taste
Last half hour of crocking add:
2 c. pasta, rotini or pasta of your choice
To make this amazing and flavorful broth for this Slow Cooker Day After Turkey Soup, save the leftover turkey and carcass from your Thanksgiving bird!
- Add turkey carcass to crock. Arrange onion quarters, carrot halves, celery halves, rosemary bundle, black peppercorns, and bay leaves in a slow cooker. Cover with chicken broth.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 4 hours. Next, strain broth into colander, with bowl underneath to capture broth. Discard solids. Rinse slow cooker.
- Pour broth back into slow cooker; add chopped carrots, chopped celery, chopped onion, salt and turkey meat.
- Cover and crock on LOW 3 hours more.
- Remove carcass before adding pasta.
- Add pasta last ½ hour before serving.
NOTE: Add any other vegetables you have leftover to your soup! Make this recipe your own!