Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients4-6 Pork Chops (I prefer bone-in)
6 Pieces of Bacon
1 Sweet Onion (like Vidalia), sliced
1/2 c. Water, divided
1 T. Honey
2 tsp. Minced Garlic,
3 c. Chicken Broth
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Bay Leaf
2 T. Corn Starch
Salt & Pepper to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
Talk about falling off the bone good… Slow Cooker Bacon & Gravy Chops will make a delicious meal for the family, or any guests!
- Cook bacon in a skillet and remove from pan when it is brown and crispy. RESERVE grease! (Break bacon into pieces when cooled)
- Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place pork chops over medium-high heat in the skillet with bacon grease.
- Cook on both sides – just for a minute to brown the outside.
- Place the browned pork chops to the slow cooker and top with a bay leaf.
- Transfer the prepared onions and 1/4 c. water to pan, and cook until the onions are translucent, constantly stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Mix in the garlic (do not burn garlic) and cook for another minute then pour this mixture over the pork chops in the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 7-8 hours.
- Ladle the broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan and simmer. (This is the gravy mixture.)
- In a separate container, mix 2T. corn starch with 1/4 c. water. Stir well then incorporate into gravy mixture, cooking until sauce thickens to a nice gravy.
SERVE: Place pork chops on a platter, pour gravy over top and sprinkle with bacon pieces .
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”