Cooking Time:6–8 hours
Ingredients1 1/4 c. Steel Cut Oats (Gluten-Free, if desired)
2 1/2 c. Vanilla Almond Milk (or coconut milk)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp. Coarse Salt
1/3 c. Creamy Peanut or Almond Butter
2 Extra Ripe Bananas, sliced (the browner, the better!)
1 T. Honey
1 T. Coconut Palm Sugar (or brown sugar)
Elvis would be crooning if he woke up to this hearty and delicious Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal! (You can decide if you want to add some bacon!)
- Place oats, almond milk, vanilla, salt and peanut butter or nut butter in a 3-quart slow cooker and mix well.
- Arrange banana slices over top the ingredients in the crock.
- Drizzle honey and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then let heat on WARM overnight, up to 8 hours. (Note: originally, I had been cooking this on LOW for 8 hours but found that depending on what slow cooker I used, this was far too long. I have had success with this method (1 hr high, overnight on warm) for overnight cooking in several slow cookers. If you don’t have overnight, cook the oatmeal for up to 4 hours on LOW.
- Serve with shaved coconut or with a sprinkling of chocolate chips, if desired.