Cooking Time:4–6 hours
Ingredients2 — 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 of a red pepper, thinly sliced (or color pepper of your choice)
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 T. Coconut Aminos
2 T. Almond Butter
1 T. Raw Honey
2 T. Rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. of Black Pepper
1 T. minced ginger
1 carrot, thinly shredded
Bib lettuce, or other lettuce for wraps
An Asian classic that packs a punch of flavor! Slow Cooker Paleo Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps make a great light lunch or dinner idea!
Note: Stick to the ingredient list to keep this Paleo. However if that’s not important to you, then you can sub ingredients such as soy sauce for coconut aminos and (dairy) butter or oil for the almond butter.
- Liberally season chicken thigh pieces with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place meat in crock.
- Next, combine all other ingredients in small bowl
- Pour over chicken in crock.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Garnish with shredded carrots or cabbage, chopped jicama, and/or cilantro. and serve in lettuce pieces to make “wraps”