Cooking Time:4 hours
Ingredients12 oz. blackberries, frozen
20 oz. blueberries, frozen
2 c. flour, all purpose, divided
3/4 c. sugar, plus 3 T. sugar, divided
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. lemon juice, fresh
1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 T. baking powder
1/2 c. milk, plus 2 T. milk
4 T. butter, unsalted, melted and cooled
Slow Cooker Berry Dumplings are great as you can use any kind of berry you have on hand. They are a kiddo favorite too, especially when you use the berries they like!
- Combine berries (berry) of your choice. (For nutrition facts I’ll use multiple berries, blueberries and blackberries) with 1/4 c. flour, 3/4 c. sugar, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a microwave bowl.
- Place uncovered into the microwave until the berries begin to look juicy, about 5 minutes. Note: at about 2 1/2 minutes STIR.
- Stir well at the end of the 5 minutes and transfer to your slow cooker and spread evenly in the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1 3/4 c. flour, 2 T. sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, melted butter, stir well to combine.
- In a very small bowl, combine 1 T. sugar, and the remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
- Grease with butter or spay with cooking spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup, and scoop 8 equal dumplings around the side of the slow cooker, on top of the berries.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Cover and Crock on Low for 4 hours.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
I have only looked at the slow cooker berry dumplings so far, but I think I will love this website. My question however is where to you list the crock pot size for your recipes? It isn’t mentioned in the berry cobble one. Thank you!
Hi Kori, first thank you for your question. I don’t always list a slow cooker size, as I find it a person doesn’t have that size slow cooker think they can’t make a certain recipe. It is a rule of thumb that a slow cooker should be 1/2 to 2/3 full to crock properly. Of course most recipes can be halved or doubled depending on the size of a slow cooker. With that said, I would use a 3 1/2 quart to 4 quart slow cooker for this recipe. Happy Crocking! 🙂
Hi! LOVE your website. How many does this serve?
Hi Melinda all of the serving sizes for the recipes can be found in the upper right hand corner of each page. I am happy to share that this recipe serves 4-6! 🙂
You mentioned salt in instruction #4 but not in the list of ingredients. How much and what kind of salt??? I am in the middle of making this now and hopefully won’t screw things up too much. :-/ Thanks.