Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients1 - 2 lbs. boneless beef short ribs
Salt and ground black pepper
10 cloves garlic, smashed
8 oz. pkg. peeled fresh baby carrots, chopped
1 lb. Roma tomatoes, chopped
3 oz. can tomato paste, “Italian Blend”
1/2 c. red wine or beef stock
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Pearl Onions (optional)
Slow Cooker Paleo Beef and Carrot Ragu is a perfect meal for a lazy Saturday or Sunday. Just be prepared for the rich aromas to seep throughout your home!
- Trim excess fat from rib meat. Cut beef in chunks, then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place beef in crock.
- Place smashed garlic on top of beef. Arrange carrots and tomatoes around beef.
- In a bowl, whisk together tomato paste and wine (or stock). Pour sauce over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
Serve ragu with basil leaves and/or pearl onions on top.