Cooking Time:2-4 hours
Ingredients2-15 oz. cans cannellini beans
15 oz. fava beans
1/4 c. pesto
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
16 oz. package polenta (in roll), cut in slices
1 tomato, thinly sliced
2 c. Italian cheese blend, finely shredded
2 c. spinach, fresh
1 c. torn radicchio
Polenta is one of my favorites, and it is used lasagna-style in this beautiful and filling Slow Cooker Vegetable-Polenta Casserole!
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a bowl combine beans, 2 T. of pesto, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Layer half of bean mixture in crock, half of polenta, and then half of cheese. Add remaining beans and polenta.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Add tomato, remaining cheese, spinach, and radicchio at end.
- Dollop pesto on top casserole.
- Turn off crock and let stand uncovered for 5 minutes.