Cooking Time:2-4 hours
Ingredients1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
1-1/2 c. arborio rice
1/2 c. onion, diced
4 c. chicken stock
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
Basil, fresh, for garnish
Risotto is one of those dishes, that–well, let’s face it–is tough to nail perfectly. Try this Slow Cooker Sundried Tomato Risotto in your slow cooker–no endless stirring required!
- Place sun-dried tomatoes into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add arborio rice and onions, tossing with tomatoes until rice and onions are well-coated with oil.
- Next, add the chicken stock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 2–4 hours, or until the rice is tender.
- Check rice for softness and give it a good stir after 2 hours.
- When rice reaches desired tenderness, turn off crock and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Remove lid and let risotto sit 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with fresh Basil, or greens of your choice, if desired.
Optional: To make this dish Vegetarian, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock.