Cooking Time:2 hours
Ingredients1 lb. Fresh Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
1 T. Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 c. water
4 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: crumbled bacon
I use to “think” I didn’t like Brussels Sprouts, then I made Slow Cooker Balsamic Brussels Sprouts, and found I really like their delicious flavor! Yum!
- Trim and halve the brussels sprouts and place in a 3-Quart Slow Cooker. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar and maple syrup until boiling. Reduce heat and stir in water.
- Pour over sprouts in the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on High for 2 hours, adding the thyme sprig when there are just 30 minutes left to cook.
- Before serving, discard the thyme sprigs.
Optional: Crumble fried bacon and sprinkle over sprouts before serving!
NOTE: If you do not crumble bacon, this is a vegetarian side dish!