Cooking Time:9 hours
Ingredients3 lb. boneless pork shoulder blade roast, chops or Ham
6 garlic cloves, smashed
2-3 T. Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 lime, juiced
1/4 c. fresh pineapple juice
¼ c. orange juice
1 avocado, diced
1 mango, diced
¼ c. red onion, diced
2 limes, juiced
salt and pepper, to taste
Ahh, the flavors of the Caribbean. If you have ever had the pleasure to travel to this area, you crave the spicy, sweet flavors! Try this flavorful Slow Cooker Caribbean Paleo Jerk Pork Roast recipe today.
- Poke several holes in pork with knife and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic.
- Combine the remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt, creating a spice rub, and massage into pork.
- Place pork in a large brining bag and pour lime, pineapple, and orange juice over the pork; cover and refrigerate a few hours or (recommended) overnight, rotating pork inside bag to insure pork is marinating all over.
- The next day, place pork and marinade in crock; cover and crock on LOW 9 hours. Shred the meat or if using chops, leave as-is; set aside.
- Discard all but 1 cup of liquid from crock. Add shredded pork or chops back to the slow cooker. Add the 1 cup of liquid back into the crock and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cook an additional 15-30 minutes on LOW.
- Meanwhile make the Caribbean salsa; combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve slaw over pork and rice, if desired.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Could I use pork chops for this? and what do you think the cooking time would be? Thanks Love the recipes.
Donna you could use pork chops in this recipe. The crocking time would all depend on how thick the pork chops are. A 3/4 inch pork chop would take about 6 1/2 – 7 hours. Hope this helps! Happy Crocking!
Oh this looks yummy!
Sounds really good. Did you use a dry rub for the jerk seasoning, or a bottled wet one?
Hi Amy, I did use a dry rub in this recipe, but feel free to try a jerk sauce as well. I bet it would trun out great! Use whatever you have on hand and remember to report back on how you enjoyed the recipe! Thanks, and Happy Crocking!