Cooking Time:9 hours
Ingredients3 lb. boneless pork shoulder blade roast, chops or Ham
6 garlic cloves, smashed
2-3 T. Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 lime, juiced
1/4 c. fresh pineapple juice
¼ c. orange juice
1 avocado, diced
1 mango, diced
¼ c. red onion, diced
2 limes, juiced
salt and pepper, to taste
Ahh, the flavors of the Caribbean. If you have ever had the pleasure to travel to this area, you crave the spicy, sweet flavors! Try this flavorful Slow Cooker Caribbean Paleo Jerk Pork Roast recipe today.
- Poke several holes in pork with knife and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic.
- Combine the remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt, creating a spice rub, and massage into pork.
- Place pork in a large brining bag and pour lime, pineapple, and orange juice over the pork; cover and refrigerate a few hours or (recommended) overnight, rotating pork inside bag to insure pork is marinating all over.
- The next day, place pork and marinade in crock; cover and crock on LOW 9 hours. Shred the meat or if using chops, leave as-is; set aside.
- Discard all but 1 cup of liquid from crock. Add shredded pork or chops back to the slow cooker. Add the 1 cup of liquid back into the crock and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cook an additional 15–30 minutes on LOW.
- Meanwhile make the Caribbean salsa; combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve slaw over pork and rice, if desired.