Cooking Time:4 hours on Low
Ingredients1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 c. sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
You had me at Triple Chocolate. –‘Nuff said.
- Lightly grease a 5 quart crock. Line bottom with parchment paper and lightly oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and bittersweet chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted.
- Add sugar; stir to combine. Stir in eggs. Add flour mixture, walnuts, and chocolate chips and stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to crock, and smooth out batter.
- Cover and crock on LOW, 3 1/2 hours. Uncover and cook 30 more minutes.
- Remove insert and run a knife around edge to loosen brownies.
- Let cool completely in insert on a wire rack, about 2 hours.
Cut before serving.