Cooking Time:3 hours
Ingredients2 1/2 c. apple cider
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. orange juice
2 tsp. orange zest
3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
6 Bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
Try this dessert at your next dinner party. The pears are poached in a hot cider and then chilled. Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pears is really a nice ending to a great meal. Great because you can make it ahead of time!
- Combine the cider, sugars, orange juice, orange zest, cloves, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean in crock.
- Cover. Crock on High for 1 hour, or until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the pears to the cider mixture, re-cover and crock another 2 hours on Low, turning the pears once during cooking.
- Remove the pears carefully and transfer to a serving plate or a shallow dish.
- Strain the poaching liquid into a saucepan, stirring over medium-high heat; reduce the liquid by half until thick and syrupy.
- Pour the reduced sauce over the pears and chill in the refrigerator a few hours before serving.