Cooking Time:5–6 hours
Ingredients3 lbs. turkey, thighs, boneless
18 oz. barbecue sauce, your favorite
Corn on the cob
Spring green mix
For the guacamole:
2 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt to taste (I like sea salt)
Need a new recipe to use up some of that leftover turkey. You will love Slow Cooker Barbecued Pulled Turkey Tostada. Great thing is you can use as many leftovers as you would like on your tostadas!
- Place turkey thighs in a slow cooker and pour your favorite barbecue sauce over your turkey thighs. NOTE: Can use white meat, but the dark meat is very moist compared to the white meat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5–6 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the slow cooker and pull the meat apart – use two forks.
- To prepare the tostada shells: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- With canola oil or coconut oil lightly brush both sides of each tortilla.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, place tortillas without overlapping on parchment paper.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes until crispy on the top side.
- Flip the tortillas and bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes until crisped on the other side.
- Sprinkle the tostada shells with salt.
- To Make the Guacamole: Mix avocado, garlic, and juice from a lime, in a bowl and mash with a fork until creamy. Add salt to taste. NOTE: Can also just slice avocado and lay on top of the tostada.
- To prepare the Tostadas:
- Steam or grill the corn until it’s cooked. (can also use leftover corn)
- Heat the black beans or refried beans depending on what you like.
- Layer your tortilla shells with black beans or if you prefer refried beans, corn, spring greens, pulled turkey, guacamole, queso fresco, green onion and black olives. NOTE: Anything else you may have leftover that you would like left over from turkey day.