Cooking Time:3–6 hours
Ingredients2 T. coconut oil
2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp. sea salt
1.5 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
56 oz. fire-roasted whole tomatoes
5 c. water
14 oz. can coconut milk
When I think of Winter and what I like to eat, I often think of childhood recipes that always hit the spot. With this recipe for Slow Cooker Paleo Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup, your adult palate will be thanking you, but the kid inside will be smiling too.
- Melt coconut oil in large saucepan on stove top. Add sliced onions to pan. Saute until onions are very tender, but not browned.
- Add all of the seasonings and spices and saute for another minute or so.
- Transfer cooked onions and spices to crock.
- Next, add tomatoes in their juices to crock and 5 cups of water.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 3 hours or on LOW 6 hours.
- Next, puree soup with a hand blender, or add contents to a stand blender and blend until smooth. Add contents back to crock, add coconut milk and stir.
- Cover and crock another 1 hour on LOW.
NOTE: Coconut milk can be replaced with chicken stock or water, if desired, but makes for a thinner soup.