Cooking Time:1-2 hours
Ingredients12 oz. green olives, drained and rinsed
2 jalapeños, halved and seeds removed
1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
Zest of 1 lemon
6 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. dry gin
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
2-3 sprigs thyme
1/4 c. herbed feta cheese, crumbled
If you are like me, I get tired of the same-old-same-old appetizers at parties! Change things up by surprising party-goers with this interesting recipe for Slow Cooker Gin-Marinated Olives.
- Arrange olives along the bottom of crock, ideally in one single layer.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock, EXCEPT feta cheese.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 1–2 hours.
- Turn crock to WARM setting, remove peppers and thyme sprigs and discard.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta over olives just prior to serving.
NOTE: Try orange peel in lieu of jalapeños if you desire a more mild flavor.