Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients8 c. chicken broth
8-10 Yukon gold or Red potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
4 leeks (whites only), washed and sliced thinly
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 c. heavy cream, room temp.
One of the things I look forward to most when visiting my favorite local Irish Pub is this classic: Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup. Here is my version for you to enjoy!
- Place the chicken broth, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in crock and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4-5 hours, or until potatoes are soft. (Important NOT to lift lid!)
- Remove the bay leaf. Use a stick blender to blend potatoes into a smooth soup, or in small batches, blend soup in stand blender.
- Return the soup to the crock and add the cream.
- Re-cover and cook on HIGH 1-2 more hour to thicken soup.
Serve with chives, shredded cheese and/or bacon.
NOTE: Use par-boiled potatoes instead of raw to expedite the time on this soup.
NOTE 2: Easy to convert to Vegetarian by substituting Vegetable Broth for the Chicken Broth!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Silly question I’m sure…. what size slowcooker did you use?
Not silly Kelley! I would use the 5-6 quart slow cooker for this recipe. The key is to have your slow cooker 1/2 – 2/3 full to crock properly. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!