Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
3 c. milk, divided
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 c. heavy cream
1 oz. white chocolate square
1 oz. bittersweet chocolate square
Optional: whipped cream and chocolate shavings
I love when we get that first snowfall of the year–it’s a great excuse to make this recipe! Slow Cooker Decadent Hot Chocolate will warm your bones after playing in the snow.
- Whisk to combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and 1/2 c. milk in medium bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crock. Next, add 2 1/2 c. milk and the vanilla to crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 2 hours. After 2 hours, add heavy cream; re-cover and crock 10 minutes on LOW.
- Add in both types of chocolate squares, stir and allow to melt.
- Pour into mugs, and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. Keep on WARM setting if serving later.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Nutrition facts include whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
I read your recipe and in step 3, it says to add heavy cream. I do not see heavy cream in the ingredient list. Am I missing something?
Thank you Rachel! I will edit the recipe, but it calls for 1 cup… Appreciate you bringing this to my attention.. Happy Crocking! 🙂
This sounds so wonderful! Can you double or even triple the recipe? I have a big family.
Absolutely… just make sure your slow cooker is big enough! Enjoy and Happy Crocking! 🙂
We just made this for christmas eve with my family ( fyi…marie spero is my sister!) It is just wonderful!!! This will be my new go to hot chocolate for sure!