Ingredients1 lb. chicken breast
2 c. chicken broth
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 onion, diced
8 oz. tomatillo sauce (salsa verde)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. sea salt
cilantro, jalapeños, and/or lime for garnish
All the flavors of Mexico are right here in this humble little soup! Slow Cooker Paleo Easy Mexi Chicken Soup is super yummy! Optional: Beef this soup up a bit with black beans or corn, if you are Paleo-free.
- Start by layering the onions and bell peppers on the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Next, add chicken breasts.
- Season breasts with chili powder, cumin, oregano and sea salt.
- Add tomatillo sauce/salsa verde, garlic, and broth.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 3-4 hours, or LOW 6 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro, jalapeños, and/or lime, if desired.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I am going to try GF in Jan to see if we are gluten insensitive like I think. The picture shows tortilla chips.. are those GF?
Yes Lori there are GF tortilla chips, just be sure to check the label. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
This was excellent and filling. It had some heat which made the soup!
This soup was amazing-restaurant quality! My kids loved it as well, one of my new favorites that I will make over and over again.
Thank you so much for the great testimony! Happy Crocking!
How many does this recipe serve? Is it a single serving, or does it feed a family of 4?
Hi Stacee, You will find the serving size on the upper right hand corner of the page, but happy to share this recipe serves 8-10! 🙂