Cooking Time:1.5-3 hours on HIGH
Ingredients1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/3 c. whole milk, divided
1 T. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. chopped almonds or hazelnuts
1/4 c. Nutella
1 c. salted pretzels, broken into pieces
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. sugar
When you hear the words “ooey-gooey” in my home, it’s always a good thing! – Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Nutella Lava Cake. But don’t worry, I gave you a little nut and pretzel crunch to go along with the ooey-gooey! Enjoy!
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, only 1/3 c. milk, oil, vanilla and 1/4 c. almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients until smooth, then add Nutella.
- Add this batter to a greased 3.5-Quart slow cooker (or use and grease a slow cooker liner.)
- Next, crush pretzels and sprinkle over batter.
- Mix sugar and cocoa powder in small bowl
- Sprinkle sugar/cocoa mix evenly over the batter and pretzels in crock.
- Heat remaining cup of milk for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Pour warmed milk over the batter in the slow cooker. (Do not stir the mixture!)
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours.
- Serve lava cake in individual bowls and top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream or ice cream, nuts, or toasted coconut
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I’m going to make this tonight and since it’s my first time how will I know when it’s done
Brittany you can always do the tooth pick test like you do for any regular cake! Enjoy!
Can this be made in a 6 at slow cooker. ?
Sounds super yummy. Approx. how many servings does this make?
Hi Robin, you will find the serving size on the upper right hand corner of each page, but happy to share this serves 8-10! 🙂
I just made this and it didn’t come out at all like the picture?!! Do you mix the Nutella in the batter do you mix the coco and sugar ??
Hi Brook, no you do not mix. You just sprinkle and pour the liquid of that and let it crock! I hope it tasted good though. 🙂
No actually it didn’t I am not sure what I did wrong I mixed the ing like instructed and added the Nutella in a glob basically then followed it step by step and it actually came out horribly. It wasn’t even chocolate it was white? Weird
[…] – Slow Cooker Nutella Lava Cake from Get […]
Would you be able to adapt his recipe using almond milk for those with dairy allergies?
Absolutely Marsha! I often use almond milk in many of my recipes… Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
Do not mix the Nutella, just add?
Shouldn’t the directions read “Stir ingredients until smooth, then STIR in the nutella”? Or am I misunderstanding?
Hi Margie, just gently stir in to incorporate.. Thanks for the question! Happy Crocking!