Cooking Time:1.5–3 hours on HIGH
Ingredients1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/3 c. whole milk, divided
1 T. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. chopped almonds or hazelnuts
1/4 c. Nutella
1 c. salted pretzels, broken into pieces
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. sugar
When you hear the words “ooey-gooey” in my home, it’s always a good thing! — Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Nutella Lava Cake. But don’t worry, I gave you a little nut and pretzel crunch to go along with the ooey-gooey! Enjoy!
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, only 1/3 c. milk, oil, vanilla and 1/4 c. almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients until smooth, then add Nutella.
- Add this batter to a greased 3.5-Quart slow cooker (or use and grease a slow cooker liner.)
- Next, crush pretzels and sprinkle over batter.
- Mix sugar and cocoa powder in small bowl
- Sprinkle sugar/cocoa mix evenly over the batter and pretzels in crock.
- Heat remaining cup of milk for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Pour warmed milk over the batter in the slow cooker. (Do not stir the mixture!)
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours.
- Serve lava cake in individual bowls and top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream or ice cream, nuts, or toasted coconut