Cooking Time:1 hour
Ingredients1 lb. broccoli crowns, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. white wine, any variety
1 lemon, zest and juice for your liking
salt and pepper, to taste
Your kids will eat broccoli from now on after trying this recipe for Slow Cooker Easiest Lemon Broccoli–well, I can’t promise you for sure, but I bet they will give it a whirl! Try this delicious side with your next main course.
- Pour water and white wine into crock and add salt. Give it a light stir.
- Next, add broccoli to crock. Cover and crock on HIGH for 1 hour, or until broccoli reaches desired tenderness.
- Remove lid and just before serving, zest one lemon over broccoli.
- Next, cut lemon, and squeeze fresh lemon juice all over broccoli.
- Sprinkle with fresh pepper, extra salt, or even Parmesan cheese, if desired.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
[…] Recipe & Photo credit to getcrocked.com […]
I followed this recipe exactly as written and it was horrible. Not one person in my house would eat it and we love broccoli.
My home is alcohol free, even for cooking (not worth the risk of having it around). Is there something else I could use instead of white wine? Thanks! I love the site
Hi Lauren, you can use water, soda, broth, or anything you enjoy liquid that you have in your cabinet. Please make all these recipes your own, and enjoy!