Cooking Time:7–8 hours on Low
Ingredients1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Ribeye Steak, 1 1/2 — 2 lbs.
1 Onion, sliced
6 oz. Baby Carrots
1/2 lb. Whole Mushrooms
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 c. Beef Broth
4 Small Red Potatoes
3 Ears of Corn
How fun is it that you can cook this entire meal — meat and veggies — in one slow cooker? When I was young, my family use to make this on top of the grill in a coffee can (when we were camping) and so I figured out how to make this at home in a slow cooker. I like this Slow Cooker Layered, Steak, Potato, and Corn on the Cob just as well as I did in the good old days. YUMMY!
- Create rub: In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Rub both sides of steak with seasonings, using light pressure to really press into steak. Optional: Sear both sides in a dry skillet on medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Pour broth, Worcestershire sauce, and mushrooms into a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add baby carrots to the slow cooker.
- Place steak on top of carrots and top with sliced onions.
- Wrap cleaned potatoes in foil and place around the steak in the slow cooker.
- Remove husks and cut ears of corn into 4-inch pieces. Butter corn and wrap in foil then put in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7–8 hours.
NOTE: For optimal results, when cooking, a slow cooker should be 1/2 — 2/3 full. If your slow cooker is quite full (as it most likely will be for this recipe) you may need to increase the cooking time.