Cooking Time:7-8 hours on Low
Ingredients1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Ribeye Steak, 1 1/2 - 2 lbs.
1 Onion, sliced
6 oz. Baby Carrots
1/2 lb. Whole Mushrooms
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 c. Beef Broth
4 Small Red Potatoes
3 Ears of Corn
How fun is it that you can cook this entire meal – meat and veggies – in one slow cooker? When I was young, my family use to make this on top of the grill in a coffee can (when we were camping) and so I figured out how to make this at home in a slow cooker. I like this Slow Cooker Layered, Steak, Potato, and Corn on the Cob just as well as I did in the good old days. YUMMY!
- Create rub: In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Rub both sides of steak with seasonings, using light pressure to really press into steak. Optional: Sear both sides in a dry skillet on medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Pour broth, Worcestershire sauce, and mushrooms into a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add baby carrots to the slow cooker.
- Place steak on top of carrots and top with sliced onions.
- Wrap cleaned potatoes in foil and place around the steak in the slow cooker.
- Remove husks and cut ears of corn into 4-inch pieces. Butter corn and wrap in foil then put in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
NOTE: For optimal results, when cooking, a slow cooker should be 1/2 – 2/3 full. If your slow cooker is quite full (as it most likely will be for this recipe) you may need to increase the cooking time.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Nutrition facts use 4 potatoes and 4 ears of corn, and broth:
When you say cover potatoes with foil, do you mean a sheet of foil and the wrapped corn on top? Or do the potatoes each get wrapped too?
Thanks for the question Janet. I modified the recipe, as you would wrap the potatoes like the corn. You could also leave the potatoes unwrapped if you would like, it is a matter of preference. Happy Crocking!
Only making this for 2 people, with only 2 potatoes, and 2 ears of Corn..Is it the same time? 8 hours?
Hi Kimmy… the key is to make sure your slow cooker is 1/2 to 3/4 full to crock properly. You should maybe check about an hours earlier to see if you believe it is done. Happy Crocking!