Cooking Time:2-3 hours on Low
Ingredients1 tsp. Ground Fennel 1 Bulb Fennel, finely chopped 1 c. Arborio Rice, uncooked 1 Bunch, Asparagus Spears, chopped 2 T. Finely Chopped Shallots 2 tsp. Minced Garlic 2 c. Chicken Stock 1 c. Water, divided 1/3 c. White Wine 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese 1 T. Lemon Zest 1 c. Sliced Mushrooms (optional) Salt & Pepper, to taste
This recipe is easy and flavorful, and a great alternative to regular rice or potatoes. Impress your family and/or friends with this recipe for Slow Cooker Asparagus & Fennel Risotto.
- Crease crock with olive oil. Combine fennel, fennel seeds, rice, asparagus, mushrooms, shallot, and garlic; add to 5 Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add chicken broth, water, and wine to crock; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 2-3 hours, or until the rice is tender, but remains a bit sticky and creamy.
- Next, stir Parmesan, lemon zest and salt & pepper into the risotto.
- Add a little extra hot water to risotto if you desire a creamier dish.
OPTIONAL: I sometimes add Mushrooms to this dish, as I love the blend of all the flavors! YUM!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
What size slow cooker is this recipe for?
Nora I would say a 4-5 quart slow cooker for this recipe. Just make sure it is about 1/2 – 2/3 full for it to crock properly. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
Crockpot lady, so disappointed!!! Made a special trip to grocery store just for ingredients. After 2 hours of crocking there is more liquid then a soup! I continued crocking for 3 rd hour and still floating. The expense and the hope of having a group for dinner has forced me to rate this recipe 1 star…and that’s high!!!! I will be tossing out.
I think there is a typo in the directions, it should cook on HIGh not LOW. HIGH worked for me.