Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low
Ingredients2 lb. ground beef, browned
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 onions, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled and sliced or diced
15 oz. peas, canned or frozen
2 celery stalks, diced
10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of water
Need a budget friendly recipe with lots of veggies, I am sure even the kiddos will like Slow Cooker Hamburger Casserole and it is healthy too!
- Place peeled and sliced potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, and then top with the carrots and the other veggies EXCEPT the peas.
- Top with browned ground beef.
- Mix water and soup to blend and pour over ground beef.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of crocking add the peas.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Question about Hamburger Casserole: How thin do you slice potatoes and carrots?
Hi Cindy, I believe this to be a personal preference. I like my potatoes sliced a bit thin, and also my carrots. So please make this the way you like your veggies. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
10 cans of soup??
Ashley that is one can of 10.75 oz., as that is the size of the can of soup that is added! 🙂
Can I use any kind of potato?
Leah make this recipe your own, I’m sure you will enjoy! Happy Crocking!
Why does the broth/juice look red? It has Cream of chicken soup.. I don’t see anything g tomato listed
Beverly I may have made this one differently, so I will make it soon, and repost the a new picture. Thanks for pointing this out to me.