Cooking Time:7 hours on Low
Ingredients3 lb. pork, loin roast, boneless, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. peppers, green chile, diced ( 2 — 4 oz. cans)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 c. chipotle sauce
3 1/4 c. water, divided
1 1/2 c. rice, long grain white, uncooked
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Pork can be used with Burrito’s, Enchilada’s, Taco’s, Salad and more! So Good!
- In a 5–6 quart slow cooker, season pork with salt and place in the bottom of the crock.
- Top roast with chile peppers and garlic.
- Next top with the chipotle sauce and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover. Cook for 7 hours on Low.
- On the stove, bring remaining 2 3/4 cups water and rice to a boil. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Turn heat to Low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove roast and shred with two forks, transferring back to the slow cooker, mixing well, letting it sit for 15 minutes to absorb the liquid.
Serve over cooked rice or as a tostada with toppings of your choice or feta, as shown.