Cooking Time:1 1/2 - 2 hours on High
IngredientsNonstick cooking spray
2 c. flour, all-purpose
1/4 c. poppy seeds
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. plain Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. lemon peel, finely shredded
1/4 c. lemon juice, fresh
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon peel, finely shredded
Lemon juice and/or milk
Slow Cooker Lemon-Poppy Seed Bread has such a cool and refreshing flavor to it… Just has to be one of my favorite flavors! Can also serve as a dessert it is so good! Enjoy!
- Spray a 5 quart oval slow cooker or a 4 quart round slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla until sugar dissolves in a medium bowl.
- Mix sugar mixture with flour mixture all at once. Stir until combined (mixture will be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared slow cooker or a bread pan/dish that will fit in side a 6 quart slow cooker if you don’t have a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until top appears set.
- Turn slow cooker off.
- Remove lid CAREFULLY so condensation from lid does not drip onto bread.
- Cover the top of the slow cooker completely with paper towels; placing the lid on top. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of slow cooker; remove bread from crock or remove the baking dish and set on countertop to cool.
- Cool completely on a wire rack or plate.
- Drizzle bread with Lemon Icing, if desired.