Cooking Time:6 hours
Ingredients2 T. Coconut Oil
6 Boneless Pork Chops
1 Sweet Onion, sliced (like Vidalia)
1 T. Sesame Oil
1/4 c. Honey
1 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 c. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/3 c. Ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt & Pepper, to taste
This recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops is delicious and so tender. Serve with Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, Veggie and a nice salad, and your meal is done.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Salt & Pepper pork chops and brown on each side. Drain oil off chops.
- Placed the sliced sweet onion on the bottom of a 4-5 Quart slow cooker.
- Place browned pork chops on top of onions.
- Combine sauce ingredients (see ingredient list), and pour over chops.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 145 degrees by using a meat thermometer.
Optional: Serve with some thin sliced apples too! Pork and Apples are so yummy together.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Pork chops were over cooked and dry when cooked on low for 6 hours. I’d try 3 or 4 hours next time. Also would not add salt. The soy sauce is enough.
I made this tonight and they were absolutely great! I found it helped to use a smaller 2-qt crock, I used to use a 4-qt and it cooked meals for two like this way too quickly. It’s the first time I’ve made chops in the slow cooker that weren’t overdone.
And those onions are amazing at the end.
I agree that 6 hours is way too long. I pulled mine out at about 5 and they were still a bit dry. Also, there is just entirely too much soy sauce. In fact, it’s all we could taste… no pork, no garlic, just a mouth full of soy sauce. Won’t be doing this one again.