Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients2 lbs. shrimp, fresh or frozen, peeled
1/2 c. reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
3/4 c. white wine
3 T. olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1/4 c. shallots, minced
3 T. parsley, fresh
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to your liking
2 T. lemon juice
Kosher salt, to taste
black pepper, fresh ground to taste
Shrimp is one of my favorite foods and there are so many ways to prepare it. One of the ways I enjoy shrimp most is this recipe for Slow Cooker Shrimp Scampi. This sauce really gets flavorful from slow cooking. I’ve also used thawed pre-cooked shrimp when I was in a bind but I liked the taste and texture better when I cooked the raw shrimp myself for this recipe. Enjoy!
- Cook 2 lbs. of shrimp in a skillet with butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring to saute all sides of shrimp. Refrigerate! (Note: You can also put the raw, peeled, deveined shrimp in the slow cooker with your sauce but I never do because I’m afraid it will get rubbery!)
- Mix the following: olive oil, chicken broth, white wine, garlic and shallots and place in a slow cooker.
- Add parsley, red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Cover and Crock on LOW for 2-3 hours.
- Place the refrigerated, cooked shrimp in the slow cooker with the sauce.
- Cover again and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
NOTE: Remember the shrimp has already cooked when you add it in at the end. Be careful not to overcook as the shrimp can become tough and rubbery. Do not to add shrimp until you are just 15 minutes from serving!
Serve over pasta or rice of your choice.