Cooking Time:4 hours on LOW
Ingredients1 to 1.5 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 c. plus 2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. dried basil
14 oz. bag frozen fire-roasted peppers and onions
12 oz. can tomato sauce
15.5 oz. can black beans (drained)
15.5 oz. can diced roasted tomatoes
HEATHER’S FAVORITE CHILI
Submitted by: Sara Shadel
Source: Her friend Heather!
Sara says, “This is my favorite chili recipe given to me by my friend Heather!”
- Spread ground beef in large stock pot.
- Dissolve salt in water; pour over the meat.
- Sprinkle the spices evenly over the meat.
- Brown meat in pan over medium heat. (drain any fat)
- Add beef and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cover and Crock for 4 hours on LOW or until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.