Cooking Time:8-10 hours
Ingredients1 T. chili powder, chipoltle
2 tsp. cumin, ground
2 tsp. garlic, powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion, powder
3 lb. pork, loin roast, boneless (can use country style pork ribs too!)
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos was shared by a dear friend of mine, Suzanne P., and she also made if for us! YUMMY!
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl to make the rub.
- Coat Pork with rub and put in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or until brown and tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, remove any fat, and shred the pork with two forks.
- Reserve cooking liquid.
- Stir enough cooking liquid into the pork to moisten.
NOTE 1: Can make up to 2 days ahead of time, just cover and refrigerate.
Note 2: Top with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Sour Cream and/or Guacamole!
Variation: Can make with beef or chicken as well!
Provided by Suzanne P., via facebook.com